• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone can't play MP3s anymore....

Adamantus

Oct 3, 2010
I'm running Cognition 3.04 (about 3 weeks now). Everything was fine until my phone stopped playing my custom ringtones when people called. I went to my music player and I couldn't play any of my music. I keep getting the error "cannot play this file type". What could be wrong?

It's not just the music player. Not even my ringtones work (if I have one of my custom made MP3 ringtones set, I get a call and it's silent). It seems like my phone has lost the ability to play MP3's entirely. Actually, it has been acting strangely in general - I just tried to call someone and after ringing once, I started getting some weird squealing/hissing/horror-movie like sounds.

Is this MP3 problem a common error in Cognition 3.04? I don't feel like re-flashing if 4.1.1 won't fix it. I've thought also about going to stock Froyo (since it was just released)...I get the feeling there will be fewer bugs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones