Phone Confused regarding WiFi - Airplane ModeSupport

Last Updated:

1. Silverexpress

Silverexpress Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Here's another....

Switching off Wi-Fi via an application (in this case WiFi On/Off or Power Manager) turns the phone into Airplane Mode = No Cellular Voice or Data. Cure..turn off Airplane Mode under settings and cycle power on phone.

Has anyone had this issue yet? It's occurred three times on me.

Advertisement
  2. gwbennett

gwbennett Member

My Moment entered airplane mode somehow and rebooting it fixed it the first few times but now it will not exit no matter what I do. I even did a factory reset of the phone. I am likely returning the phone in the morning.

3. chris76

chris76 Active Member

I think there is a bug in Samsung phones. I saw that in other models too. Not stable yet.

4. Silverexpress

Yes, it seems as though a few of the applications I've tried from Android Market are yet to be optimized for the Samsung Moment.

This unfortuneately includes the Android OS, and the responsible party would be Samsung in this case. The OS needs to be tweaked for this hardware still.

5. wvdoc

wvdoc Member

I purchased this phone 2 days ago and since returned it for full refund. It would enter airplane mode and the only way to get out of the mode was to remove battery and then restart. That always didn't work either. This was unacceptable for 200 dollars. The battery was also a big ??? It seemed that the battery life was non-existant. I give this phone an E on a grading scale. "E" for effort. Will wait for next Sprint Android phone. That might be a while.:mad:

6. Silverexpress

What did you get to replace it with, and can you actually get out of the contract (I've not looked into this, but am just curious)?

7. wvdoc

wvdoc Member

I was able to get full refund and reactivated my old phone and no new contract!!!

8. ajoh99

ajoh99 Member

I am having the same problem. Randomly entering airplane mode. Anyone found a fix yet, or at least a workaround? This is a slick phone, but if it can't keep the cell radio on, that is a MAJOR problem.

9. gwbennett

gwbennett Member

workaround = exchange. Seems to be a hardware issue with the radios in some of the phones.

10. griffen97023

griffen97023 Member

I've called sprint and samsung they say they have had little to no. Calls about this. Need more people to call in to get some updates rolling!!!