• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help phone crashing warranty issues

andydroids

Lurker
Jan 31, 2011
so a few months back i unlocked the bootloader on my phone for the sole purpose of upgrading to the official google release that had flash (was only available for the tmobile version).

since then i had flashed the phone back to the proper rom and had used the regular system updates for months.

however, i seem to have a common hardware problem and am not sure how to approach it. i know what i did unlocking the bootloader but am confidant that i did not break my phone.

the phone tends to overheat and reboot on me, sometimes it will vibrate seven (7) times before coming back and will crash even if a website takes too long to load.

the phone actually works fine when its cold such as after being in my pocket outside for a while.

not to drag it on but this appears to be a common problem, im just not sure what to do with the unlocked bootloader. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks for the replies guys, i will see what i can do with HTC. im worried about sending it in and having them say that i owe $200 or something for repairs due to the unlocked boot-loader even if it is a known hardware problem.

im from canada and ordered the phone online directly from google and paid with google checkout, it was shipped from the US. i moved to serbia though but can send the phone wherever is smartest, i have friends and family in all countries involved.

wondering what my best option is :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones