phone froze and reboots shoud i returnSupport

Last Updated:

1. tbdbuckeyeitl

tbdbuckeyeitl Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My phone froze today and i had to remove battery to get phone to work. Also i have had three random reboots. I got my phone on launch day and this is the only problem i have had with this phone. Is this normal or should i return for a new phone.

Advertisement
  2. backwater

backwater Well-Known Member

i've had this happen a few times too, for what it's worth.

3. cdmoore74

cdmoore74 Well-Known Member

My droid1 has been rock solid reliable even when overclocked. Granted I'm using custom 2.2 roms. Maybe do a stress test from one of benchmark apps out there. Or maybe a downloaded app is causing you headache. If you do a factory reset and it still freezes or reboots return it.

4. Kaoss

Kaoss Well-Known Member

I had this happen a few times too but then I downloaded the launcher pro app. Much faster and not a single bit of lag, freeze, or random reboot.

Mind you this was all before the OTA update. Haven't used stock home to see if the issues persist though. I like Applauncher pro more.

5. kkwan77

kkwan77 Well-Known Member

No reboots here, but I have noticed the phone lagging and being unresponsiveness at times. I've done a factory reset and it took about two days for it to start happening again. It's pretty annoying when this happens.

Anyone else?

6. misteresock

misteresock Active Member

+1
    I've had this happen as well, seemingly since the update, but I can't be certain.

Primarily, I cannot get my screen to turn on.
    It mostly seems to happen after the phone has been in standby for an extended period of time and the message waiting light is flashing.

However, I've also had the screen turn on and become almost completely unresponsive after unlocking it. Rebooting seems to be the only way to rectify the issue.

7. kkwan77

kkwan77 Well-Known Member

@misteresock - these are the same symptoms I've been experiencing as well, although I've noticed turning the screen on and of clears this up on my end.
    Anyone know if this is on Moto's fix list?