Phone gets hot...Support

Last Updated:

1. emoore911

emoore911 Member This Topic's Starter

When I'm on a call for over ten minutes the phone starts to heat up, it actually gets pretty warm. It will sometimes just dismiss the call, and twice it has completely shut down. What is this? Is there a fix for it or am I destined to a life of calls lasting no longer than 9 minutes!:(

Advertisement
  2. Slick1020

Slick1020 Banned

We need a little bit more information about your problem. But the phone has the ability to detect an overheat. The LED lights located on the front of the phone will begin to alternate between red/orange to green. Also, check to see wht temperature the phone shuts down. Do you have an app installed to tell you the temperature of your battery like Battery Indicator Pro? They have a free version of this app. Are you just talking on the phone when this happens? Do you have any apps open? Is your radios turned off (Mobile Network (3G), 4G, Bluetooth, GPS, Hotspot)? Or do you have any of those radios on when this happens?

3. emoore911

I don't have an app installed to check the temp., I will download it now. I am just talking on the phone when it happens. I'm usually pretty good about shutting apps down when I'm done with them to conserve the battery, The radios you asked about are usually on I guess, I don;t know how to shut them off?? Sorry, I don't know alot about my phone. Kind of clueless when it comes to anything technical. :confused:

4. emoore911

I downloaded the battery app, and made a call. It was a relatively short call, maybe 3-4 minutes. When I hung up I checked and the battery temp was 105.7, is that normal?