• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help phone keeps autocorrecting when typing (v2.3)

cheesy bo

Mar 25, 2011
ever since i got android 2.3 running on this phone it keeps auto correcting when i send txt messages .

i unchecked auto-replace in the keyboard settings but it keeps changing the words

for eg.

lets say i wanna type f*ck , it changes it to Duck , and i would have to hit f*ck on the little bar

lol

ever since i got android 2.3 running on this phone it keeps auto correcting when i send txt messages .

i unchecked auto-replace in the keyboard settings but it keeps changing the words

for eg.

lets say i wanna type f*ck , it changes it to Duck , and i would have to hit f*ck on the little bar

lol

Have you tried going into settings, applications, all apps, find the keyboard and clear data, then reconfigure keyboard? Otherwise, have you tried another keyboard? I suggest trying out a keyboard replacement like Gingerbread keyboard by Steven Lin, it's a free app which might work better.

Also, I think the physical keyboard is different than the onscreen keyboard, if I'm not mistaken there are 2 keyboards in the list for languages and keyboards? (Don't have the phone here, so I'm going on memory).

Also, do you use a third party SMS app? Some of them have predictive correction features built in.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones