• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help phone keeps crashing

Lol mahmood

May 3, 2010
My month old portal has developed an annoying habit of crashing for no obvious reason. Screen goes completely black and none of the buttons respond. Only fix seems to be removing the battery and reassembling the phone.

I'm using an up-to-date (2.1 Android) 3 branded PAYG phone on a 3 contract (contract phone was a Nokia X6, which also kept crashing; but you learn to expect that from Nokias).

So far it's crashed once on my bedside table with everything apart from the alarm turned
off, once in my pocket, and just now while downloading a podcast over wifi.

In each case i've removed and replaced battery and phone starts up again.
Anyone else have a similar issue?

had a crash twice early on after upgrading to 2.1... couple of months ago now(exacty same as your symptoms). no pattern I can think of.

Not happened since though :)

I tend to clear apps with an app killer.. nor for that reason.. just to keep speed up... esp if watching a movie.

looking for next upgrade. 2.2 so can view flash enabled web pages.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones