• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help phone keeps opening apps by itself

phillyuk

Lurker
May 26, 2012
hi, for the last 24 hours or so my phone has started opening apps by itself when i'm trying to do something, or for example when i'm texting it enters characters by itself or tries to add an attachment so starts up the camera etc etc. just generally has a mind of its own at times.
i've not done anything different or installed anything new. had the phone about 2 months and not had a problem with it until now.
would appreciate any suggestions??

hi, for the last 24 hours or so my phone has started opening apps by itself when i'm trying to do something, or for example when i'm texting it enters characters by itself or tries to add an attachment so starts up the camera etc etc. just generally has a mind of its own at times.
i've not done anything different or installed anything new. had the phone about 2 months and not had a problem with it until now.
would appreciate any suggestions??

I HAVE FOUND THE ISSUE! I have a samsung galaxy 3 and had the same issues. It would randomly open to either an internet browser or the play store. I scanned and cleaned and cleared the kasia and everything came up with no virus I finally decided to delete a few apps that I assumed could be the issue. And I found the culprit. I had CM antivirus and CM AppLock as well QuickPic which is owned by cm and I have not had the problem since. Even though CM antivirus and app lock are supposed to be effective to clean your phone they actually have more ads and popups sporadic on your phone. This would happen when I would unlock my phone or go to a nap or even just browsing on my phone delete anything that is owned by CM and you will not have the problem anymore

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones