• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone keeps self-deleting my music

t3hbernardo

Lurker
Jan 24, 2012
Something strange is going on.

I keep all my music in good order, in subfolders. Every artist has its specific folder, but i also have a bunch of loose tracks i've collected from f.e. youtube in a folder called Various Artists.

The problem is that the music in the folder disappears a few hours after uploading. Note that all my collab CDs, which i keep in the same folder, are not deleted, only the files in the root of the folder. They leave behind "ghost tracks" that can be found in Winamp and the Android music player. These tracks refuse to play due to "Unable to play this type of audio file" - error. They will not disappear.

ES File explorer indicates that the files are indeed missing, and Windows cannot find them either. This happens when transferring using both HTC Sync and direct copy in disk drive mode.

My current Android version is 2.2.2, but this also happened with 2.2.0.

This is not fun at all.

Please help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones