Phone reception and qualitySupport

Last Updated:

1. puckoach

puckoach Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 30, 2010
    I posted this thread in July, and got some responses. My concern is the quality of phone reception

Have tried a few head sets, not to good either. Is there a fix ? Is it just my handset ? OR, is it just bad.

I live in a marginal spot to begin with, so quality while in the car is essential.

Have done the battery tricks, got the task killer, so that's not a problem.
    Found, and did the convert to the 4G antenna set up, which did help a little.

Brought it into tech support, and he did some "stuff" at end of July. But, as a phone, it still suxs.

Pulled out an 5 year old Motorola handset yesterday, and it's showing 2 bars, My 3 year old Treo shows 1 bar, while Inc has none.

Internet is of course awesome, and I'm content with that as is. (Except for the Weather channel being the only weather radar map I can get to animate).

I'm a hockey coach, not a computer guy. The info, and stuff on this forum is just too much for me.

Will 2.2 help, or hurt me ?

Is there another "phone" fix ?

Please, if your phone part works well, post it. If not, post it.

2. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    When you say poor phone reception are you actually experiencing dropped calls? The bars on the phone have absolutely nothing (IMHO) to do with signal strength.