• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone/ SD card probs

tymbian

May 27, 2010
on 2 occasions today when going to finish a call by pressing ' End call ' the screen was black. No matter what button i pressed nowt happened, the phone wouldn't even turn off, it was as if it was off but even holding the on button wouldn't bring it to life. So... open back, battery out, close back, Turn on. My ringtone ( stored on card ) was gone when called again and same thing happened when going to End call. repeated process of taking bat. out etc.
Since the first time this ' black ' happened I have the info ' damaged SD Card, I might have to re format it.

Any idea why this has happened?

Am I ok to reformat the SD card without losing anything? What's the worst that can happen or is this quite safe?

I use a mac if this is any help.

When you reformat the SD card you will wipe all the data.

Plug it into your Mac and mount it as a disk and copy everything over to a folder.

To format the phone got to Settings > SD & phone storage > Unmount SD card then the option to format SD card is not grayed out.

When its formatted, mount it to your Mac again and drag all the data back over to your phone.

Just out of interest, is this the SD card that came with the phone or another one you purchased?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones