• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone staying awake while charging after 2.1 update

I just happened to be charging my Sprint HTC Hero right now and I checked the awake time and it has not been going up at all as it is charging. I am pretty sure it is getting warm because the energy from charging the handset warms the battery.

I agree, the battery definitely does go up in temperature while charging. I checked the HTC Battery widget and it always goes up to about 37C while charging. However, when it is finished charging it cools off and when I unplug it and leave it idle for a while, the battery normally cools to room temperature, as reported by the battery widget I mentioned above. I hope this helps you out.

Upvote 0
Anyone notice that after the update, when they charge their phone, the phone stays awake the whole time and starts getting really hot?? There was an option to make the phone go to sleep in 1.5 while charging, but is there also that same option on 2.1? TIA

do you mean the screen stays awake or you're checking the awake timer?

if your phone is set to "stay awake" (settings > applications > development) then your screen will stay awake while you charge, until you press the pwr button to shut off the screen. If your screen is off, the awake time should stop counting, but if not, there's probably some issue. The device should only get fairly hot if the screen is on while charging.

i'm running Fresh 2.1.1 and i didn't have an issue with my awake time till a day ago when the awake timer would be the same as the up timer and my battery is draining faster because of it...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones