• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone storage or SIM and microSD card

Because your answer cant really be answered without enough information LOL. Its not whether or not its what you asked, I'm asking you because you did not give me enough info.

I need to know what phone you are transferring the data from to tell you how to transfer the data to a SIM card. Not all phones have the same method of transfer data to SIM card. I also need to know what data are you trying to transfer, contacts? calendar? SMS?

I know you have a Galaxy S now, but are you transfering the data from that phone to another, or are you transfering data from another phone to that? Its different per phone.

Upvote 0
look left and read

If you read my previous post: I know you have a Galaxy S.

What I need to know is that, are you getting data from your Galaxy S to transfer to another phone, or are you transferring data from another phone to your Galaxy S. But since it seems you dont want to help us help you, fine. I'll assume you want to transfer FROM GALAXY S to whatever other phone you have.

Here are a few things:

1. On a SIM card, you can only transfer contacts. You cant transfer calendar or SMS on default apps. To transfer contacts from Galaxy S to SIM, go to your contacts app, click on the phone's menu button, then select import/export and select export to SIM card. Note that this will only copy the primary number and the contact name. It will not copy contact pictures, email addresses, or contact notes.

This is because new phones today are not designed to store contacts or sms or any data at all primarily on SIM cards.

2. as for the memory card, yes you can transfer them as you like however as I mentioned before, if the phones are of two different OS, you run the risk of corruption and incompatibility issues which may damage the data in the card.

Reactions: Slug
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones