• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone with good NFC performance?

Winfried

Oct 11, 2011
Hello,

As backup for the bank card, I'd like to get an NFC-capable Android smartphone.

Ideally, it should be < €/$200 new (I don't mind buying it second-hand, so it could more expensive new), and have a < 5,5" screen — besides the extra weight, I find Xiaomi Redmi Note 5's 6" screen a bit big, and liked Huawei P9 Lite's 5,2" better. Considering the price, I guess I'll go for Chinese brands again.

Does NFC work well on all phones, or are some clearly better/worse than others?

Thank you.

Hello,

As backup for the bank card, I'd like to get an NFC-capable Android smartphone.

Ideally, it should be < €/$200 new (I don't mind buying it second-hand, so it could more expensive new), and have a < 5,5" screen — besides the extra weight, I find Xiaomi Redmi Note 5's 6" screen a bit big, and liked Huawei P9 Lite's 5,2" better. Considering the price, I guess I'll go for Chinese brands again.

Does NFC work well on all phones, or are some clearly better/worse than others?

Thank you.
with tech, you get what you pay for. so cheap phones will always have issues over flagship phones. samsung pay is pretty good. but i have only used it on samsung note series phones and now with the fold 3 and 4. so i assume they should work on both budget and mid range samsung phones.

also have the samsung galaxy watch 3, the galaxy s3 frontier, and now the watch 6. and all of them have nfc with samsung pay. its pretty cool when i use my watch to pay for things. it trips out the cashiers....i love their reactioins when i do this....lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones