Phone won't connect to microphone jack on PCSupport

Last Updated:

1. jacebutt210

jacebutt210 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, my parents have recently got me a Samsung Galaxy S4 (My first smartphone), and I also received a computer that I ordered a few weeks ago. I don't have a headset yet, so I can't use it to talk to my friends over Skype on the computer. I have used the Skype app on the phone, but then I can't hear the game, and the people talking to me on skype keep complaining about hearing my game.
    So I googled some stuff about connecting the phone to the computer and using the microphone on the phone as a mic for the computer. The things i looked at said that i could use a 3.5mm male to male cable and plug it into the earphone jack on the phone, and connect it to the microphone jack on the tower.
    But.. If i connect the cable to the earphone jack, it says earphones are connected, but then when i plug the other end into the PC, the earphones logo goes away, and i cant use it.
    Then, if i try to connect it to the tower first, nothing tells me that there has been any earphones recognized by the phone.
    I have downloaded apps that would let me use the mic for the computer. But the phone won't recognize the earphones whenever i plug it into the PC. Sometimes it works, though. Like if i plug it and unplug a lot it will sometimes work and i can use it as a mic. But most of the times i can't figure it out.

Does anyone have a solution?

Advertisement
  2. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

This is just a wild-ass guess since I had no idea you could do this at all.

Does your cable plug have three or four discrete connectors at the tip? I believe you would need to have four. Three is for headphones and four is for headsets.

3. jacebutt210

I'm pretty sure it has three

4. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

5. Goodspike

Then I'm pretty sure that's the problem. You need a connection for ground, left, right and mic. That's four connections.

6. Goodspike

I have just the opposite connector (two to one) to connect in this headset to my computer.

Amazon.com: Plantronics .Audio 326 Stereo PC Headset: Electronics

7. jacebutt210

Alright.. i'll see if i can get one of those splitters. or i might just wait until Christmas or something to get a headset