Phone won't connect to microphone jack on PCSupport

Last Updated:

1. jacebutt210

jacebutt210 New Member

Hi, my parents have recently got me a Samsung Galaxy S4 (My first smartphone), and I also received a computer that I ordered a few weeks ago. I don't have a headset yet, so I can't use it to talk to my friends over Skype on the computer. I have used the Skype app on the phone, but then I can't hear the game, and the people talking to me on skype keep complaining about hearing my game.
    So I googled some stuff about connecting the phone to the computer and using the microphone on the phone as a mic for the computer. The things i looked at said that i could use a 3.5mm male to male cable and plug it into the earphone jack on the phone, and connect it to the microphone jack on the tower.
    But.. If i connect the cable to the earphone jack, it says earphones are connected, but then when i plug the other end into the PC, the earphones logo goes away, and i cant use it.
    Then, if i try to connect it to the tower first, nothing tells me that there has been any earphones recognized by the phone.
    I have downloaded apps that would let me use the mic for the computer. But the phone won't recognize the earphones whenever i plug it into the PC. Sometimes it works, though. Like if i plug it and unplug a lot it will sometimes work and i can use it as a mic. But most of the times i can't figure it out.

Does anyone have a solution?

Advertisement
  2. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

This is just a wild-ass guess since I had no idea you could do this at all.

Does your cable plug have three or four discrete connectors at the tip? I believe you would need to have four. Three is for headphones and four is for headsets.
  3. jacebutt210

jacebutt210 New Member

I'm pretty sure it has three
  4. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

5. Goodspike

Then I'm pretty sure that's the problem. You need a connection for ground, left, right and mic. That's four connections.
  6. Goodspike

I have just the opposite connector (two to one) to connect in this headset to my computer.

Amazon.com: Plantronics .Audio 326 Stereo PC Headset: Electronics
  7. jacebutt210

jacebutt210 New Member

Alright.. i'll see if i can get one of those splitters. or i might just wait until Christmas or something to get a headset