• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone wouldnt turn on, now stuck on logo screen

hollers

Lurker
Jun 20, 2012
Hi,

I've had my HTC desire HD around a year with no problems at all, until today.

I left the phone on a table last night (pretty much fully charged), this morning I was surprised to find it was dead, it normally holds it charge overnight.

I plugged it on to the charger, nothing, so I took the battery out, and noticed the top of the battery was slightly wet, I have no idea how, the phone was near an open window, but not THAT close, and the outside of the phone was completely dry.

I wiped the battery, reinserted it, then plugged it back in again, and noticed the orange light came on but it was very very feint.
I left the phone charging for a while, took the battery out again, then after about 10 minutes, the plugged it in again, turned it on, it vibrated and kicked into life, but now stuck on the HTC green logo screen. (its been left in this state for around 20 mins)

Any help/advice much appreciated

Thanks

Paul

I had a similar issue after the rain here last week. What I had to do was take out SIM, SD, volume rocker (don't worry, you can put it back on afterwards) and battery. Leave them out and dry for a bit and then try again. If you can get into bootloader, there's a chance your boot has been wiped for some reason. Using a SD reader in your PC, put a stock .zip file on it and boot into bootloader with the SD with that on in. It should flash (**wipes data**)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones