• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phonearena.com reporting no Froyo until 2011 on Galaxy S

OMG! The sky is falling! The zombies are standing up out of the graves! It is TEOTWAWKI!!!!! :(

My phone works, I really don't have any reason to be so oddly fixated on this update. It will arrive when they are ready, and all the posting about it, crying about it, threatening to leave Verizon or dumping Samsung about it will do nothing to speed up the natural flow of things. Forget about it and relax, and before you know it.... one day you'll find out that there is an update taking you to 2.? or 3.? and you'll be soooo happy. :D

Is there a smile face of a baby sucking on a binky and crying? I need it right about now! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
OMG! The sky is falling! The zombies are standing up out of the graves! It is TEOTWAWKI!!!!! :(

My phone works, I really don't have any reason to be so oddly fixated on this update. It will arrive when they are ready, and all the posting about it, crying about it, threatening to leave Verizon or dumping Samsung about it will do nothing to speed up the natural flow of things. Forget about it and relax, and before you know it.... one day you'll find out that there is an update taking you to 2.? or 3.? and you'll be soooo happy. :D

Is there a smile face of a baby sucking on a binky and crying? I need it right about now! :rolleyes:
===================================================================

Not to be argumentative, but I think the point is when you plunk down some cold hard cash for bleeding edge technology, you don't expect to be left behind by almost half a year from when the other phone manufactures got there update.
Not to mention that 2.2 will let us use google instead of bing. Sure we can root, but alot of folks don't want to void their warranties. And if they wait to include the OTA bugfix update with it, we'll then that would be totally unacceptable. There are quite a few bugs that need to be rectified.
I really don't care myself because I am rooted and debinged. But I can sure understand why alot of folks are being so impatient waiting for this update to drop. Just my .02

Upvote 0
This is why I am totally reliant on xda. I've already got froyo on my Vibrant, and I really like it.
But I agree with the above poster that Samsung is kinda dropping the ball. Then again, we should have known better, it's Samsung! They are resourceful and innovative when they have to be, but they can't sustain a product, nor do they have the attention to detail that other manufacturers have.

No offense to Korea, but Samsung is the Kia of electronics.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones