Phone's driver won't install correctly!?Support

Last Updated: 2012-03-08 15:51:53
  1. Cbelflower321

Cbelflower321 Well-Known Member

So I have downloaded drivers for my phone so I can install them, but every time I plug in my phone it still searches for the drivers even though they have already been installed. Any suggestions as to what I can do to fix this?

Advertisement
  2. reilus

reilus Well-Known Member

I had the same problem. Ultimately, the drivers would fail to install.

Method 1

What I did, was I installed the driver program and waited for all that to do its thing. Then, I went into the device manager and found the devices the pc was not recognizing. I pointed all the devices (there were several) to the folder that LG's crap extracted to. After that, they all recognized their drivers, installed them, and all was good.

Method 2

You might also try installing that LG update tool after you install the drivers, and that thing sometimes automatically installs the drivers.

3. alexxseven

alexxseven Well-Known Member

i can tell you what i know and give you what i have :)

my phone has never given me this issue really except when first connecting it, first connecting it for USB only, and first connecting it with debugging enabled.

the driver i used for my pc is Here. i uploaded that just now lol.

something to remember, each usb port has its own list of installed drivers, so when you change ports, it'll change port #s and it will have to "install" just loading whats already installed the driver there too.
  4. cuttingedge110

cuttingedge110 Well-Known Member

If the driver is installed to recognize the phone then it will be recognized by the usb bus and controlled by the operating system. Once you have it installed and working properly it shouldn't matter which port you plug your phone up to just to clarify because I read it wrong at first.

Once they are installed properly, unless there was an issue during the install of the drivers from the point of view of the operating system (i.e. you cancelled the operating system install of the drivers and manually installed them at the same time), it shouldn't have to search for the drivers again. Which operating system are you on anyways?
  5. Cbelflower321

Cbelflower321 Well-Known Member

Im using Windows Vista Home Basic SP 2
  6. Edi_001

Edi_001 New Member

I have similar issue. The windows device manager shows there is LG disk drive, but the explorer doesn't show the connected lg device. What is the issue, please advice.
  7. DONLATINOHEAT

DONLATINOHEAT Well-Known Member

Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37) seems im having problems with AndroidNet Sooner Single ADB Interface in hardware.

I have installed a few times and i get the same results that's the only one that is having the issue that i can see
  8. pmb116

pmb116 Well-Known Member

Turn off Antivirus and UAC download the driver from the link and reinstall.
  9. kowatl

kowatl Member

I have a win xp and never was able to make it work, so i use another computer with vista and i have no problems. Are you using xp?