• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Photon bricked(after 2.3.5 update) Rsd Lite fails

Masterchief87

Android Expert
May 27, 2014
South Florida
I accidentally flashed a non compatible ROM on my photon 4g and now I can't get back into bootstrap recovery and the phone won't go any further than the Motorola dual core logo. Also my battery won't charge inside the phone. Luckily I have a 2nd battery and separate wall charger.
Anyway, the only sbf I have ever been able to find for 2.3.5 is for electrify and I have read that flashing a 2.3.4 sbf won't work. I have tried to flash the one for electrify but it always fails. Can anyone tell me where I can find a sbf that will work or perhaps something I can flash through the apply update from SD card option in Stock recovery?

Never mind, I somehow got rsd lite to work (not sure how). My photon is good as new now.

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones