• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Physical Button feel

Psqrd

Lurker
Jan 17, 2015
Hello,

I have a Samsung Note 2 - all the physical buttons have great feel - require a moderate effort and have a definite feeling of movement before there is a noticeable feel / sound of a click - before they activate some feature.

In contrast, the physical buttons on the Note 8 are a mixed bag. Volume up and down have good feel like the Note 2; Power has a soft feel with no change up to the point something happens; the home button has a decent feel, but it is a crap shoot whether there is any change in feel, or click sound before there is a response.

Where this is most problematic for me is for the power button when using the type of rubber protective case that has a built in rubber button for a pusher. It required considerable fiddling before the rubber case button would release the tablet power button.

The Note 8 is out of production and it was hard enough to find a new one in brown. There were none available for exchange and since the buttons were working - I didn't have much of a case to make.

Any Note 8, or other Samsung tablet users have this condition? Does it get worse - do the buttons stop working?

my Note8 ATT version purchased used on craigslist... from a reseller. so he got it from someone else.

the buttons feel fine.
power and volume have good feedback.. and I can fell it move and actuate.
it came with a rubber case that covered the buttons. and I can feel the movement and positive response.

the home button has great feed back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones