Pics of my Dust under the screen....

Last Updated:

1. mully

mully Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I have seen several people complain about the dust under the screen issue. Some people have it....some don't.
    I thought I would share some pictures of how bad mine has become. I carry this phone in the OEM Holster, and take extremely good care of it. However.....you can see how it's annoying the heck out of me......

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. antipesto93

antipesto93 Well-Known Member

dangg thats bad
    is this on all droids !?

3. ttaylor0024

ttaylor0024 Well-Known Member

That sucks dude. From the pictures, it looks like its on the outside... Take it back to Verizon and get a new one then :) Maby 2.1 will be preloaded lol

@antipesto, the answer is no.

4. Polymira

Polymira Well-Known Member

I've had my droid since release day, no case or screen protector of any sorts.. always goes in and out of my jeans/slacks/coat pockets and I have zero dust under my screen.

Take it in, get it replaced.

5. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

Return that shit. Mine stays in my pocket and I have zero dust specks under the screen.

6. mully

mully Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

98% of what you see in the pics is under the screen. I tried my best to clean the outside dust off....but it's nearly impossible to get it all off.

I'm thinking of getting it replaced, but I've had negative experiences with refurb phones before. The dust is my only problem....and it's BAD. :(

7. gidget

gidget Well-Known Member

i'm glad you posted those pics, because now i know what people are talking about with the dust under the screen. i've also got mine in my pocket all the time, uncovered, and i've had no dust at all. those pictures are crazy, definitely take that thing back. is it that some of the phones just have better fitted screens? so weird.

8. Adam Jones

Adam Jones New Member

Wow, no way I could live with that. I'd rather play the refurbished lottery than deal with that.

9. gotwillk

gotwillk Well-Known Member

yea i also had the phone since release day. no case, no protection whatsoever, its in and out of my pocket all the time (which is pretty dusty itself i might add) and i have no problems with dust under the screen. never understood it until i saw those pics.

10. Gunner

Gunner Well-Known Member

That's ridiculous man. Absolutely return that. Mine just has a patch of dust in 1 corner, but that was enough for me to call in for a replacement (amongst other problems). Do you work in a saw mill?

Unfortunately...got the refurb today and it's a lemon. Horrible static on every phone call. My 2nd refurb gets here on Monday.

11. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

what he said

12. antipesto93

antipesto93 Well-Known Member

13. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

14. skunkpbguy

skunkpbguy Well-Known Member

Mine was laying in the floor at work today while we swept the stockroom (the acoustics were SICK!).. anyways, STILL no dust under my screen. How did this happen to your Droid??

15. kraze0g

kraze0g Well-Known Member

wow, if your serious that 98% of that is under the screen then that phone better be going back. when people complained about dust, usually they referred to them as 1 or 2 'specks'.. thats like a whole colony of dust rapidly reproducing!!

any ideas on how they got under there? i have a sleeve i use and theres constantly dust and stuff on top of the phone, but if i feel like getting it off i just blow on it and it flies off.

i would def. get a replacement, and if u can request a newer manufacturer date -- ive noticed some quite noticable differences between manu. dates and the phone itself (for instance the last one i had was a 44/09 and the light behind the 'purple' buttons on the bottom shined out a bright regular colored light that was too bright and annoying -- i got a replacement of 50/09 and the light is no longer there and the buttons are lit much brighter .. also it appeared that the glass screen was pushed inward more, not so with the 50/09 that i got).. im not saying all 44/09's were bad or anything, but i guess some were made not equal? so u mineswell try a different build.

There should be in no way for all that dust to gather - especially when you consider how many people slip their phones in their pockets w/o any kind of protection.

16. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

That's brutal and unacceptable.

17. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Jumping on the bandwagon...take it back, absolutely.

18. Snowman

Snowman Well-Known Member

I thought the dust under my screen was bad... hmm hopefully it doesn't get as bad as yours, if so back it goes...

19. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member

Is it under the glass? or under a screen protector?

20. anjoga

anjoga Well-Known Member

Who is it possible to get that much dust under the screen? I have some dust, not nearly as bad, but I'm afraid it will get this bad eventually. I would definitely be taking mine back if it got that bad.

21. brad03

brad03 Member

That happened to my Q9C, luckily once it started getting bad I was near my new every two. I would definitely get a replacement if my Droid had dust under the screen.

22. jbusch

jbusch New Member

Why is there dust specks on the frame of the screen? Just wondering, That what it looks like in the picture.

23. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

I have mine in and out of my pocket all the time. You need to take it back just as everyone else has stated. :)

24. Doubledee90

Doubledee90 Well-Known Member

Im getting my new Droid soon because I have a lot of dust under my screen also. Not as bad as this though!

25. sweetmike

sweetmike Member

I encountered dust under my screen on my old phone an LG and the store rep never had an explanaion for it. It is definitely a phone defect as no dust should be traveling in there. I do not think a screen protector will help. Return it as soon as posiible and if your only option is a refurbished you may be better off because it seem like the dust is only going to get worse. sorry!