• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Picture gallery file structure...

Bearcats

Android Enthusiast
Oct 19, 2012
USA
So I have pictures in a gallery. I would like to keep them in a very specific sequence (as in gallery view with thumbnails they all look the same). I copied them originally from a PC and they don't follow file name convention (ss_001, ss_002, etc) for order arrangement. So I "re-saved" them so that the timestamps were in sequential order as well. That didn't work either. Its not a file size issue either as it intermixes the larger and smaller files. I have also tried to save directly to the gallery folder on the phone, but it wont allow me to do that.

I am not sure what else to look at or how to lay it out. I have a bunch of schematics I need to have in order (for obvious reasons) and this is really perplexing.

To view the pics I:
Click on Gallary Icon.
Pick My PHone.
Under the allbum I pick Schemos

From a PC the folder with my pictures shows up under:
Computer\HTC6435LVW\Internal Storage\Gallery\Schemos

Any help would be great.

-Bearcats

Answer to my own question. This is what worked for me.

One, name all files sequentially.
Two, change meta data Original (Picture Taken) to be one minute apart starting with my original stamp and incrementing from there. First sequential file should have the oldest date and largest sequential file name should have the youngest date.
Three, change meta data Created to the same, but AFTER (later) than the last Original timestamp. I seperated by 24 hours after the earliest date of Original.
Four, change meta data Modified to be the same. I made mine all 1 second younger than the Created timestamp.

What a pain in the tush....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones