• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Picture Messages from Verizon customers

artvandalay22222

Android Enthusiast
Jul 5, 2010
DETROIT MI!
So has anyone had any problems receiving mms or picture messages from vzw phones?

I currently have the HTC Aria, and I cant receive pictures from any VZW phone. There are many complaints of the same issue, so Im considering returning the Aria and getting a captivate. Im just worried it will be a little bit too big for m tastes.

I went from an Aria to the Captivate and I love it. To be honest the Aria is a really really under rated phone and I really don't have a single complaint about it. But I love the Captivate more and I don't find a 4" screen to be massive or anything. In fact I would randomly check my pocket to make sure my Aria was still in there because it's so small, but man that thing feel as solid as a rock construction wise.

Upvote 0
The verizon sending mms to att phones happen on several different type of phones, not just the aria. It takes some digging but if you search via the Google, you can find some of the threads going back if I can remember approx. 2 years now. It's a long standing issue and from what I can remember reading...neither att nor verizon want to help find the issue! Oh and from the testing that I did, I sent about 20 pics to my aria from a droid...3 came through 17 didn't. So, they can come through. But it's not just the aria that has that issue. I'm having my brother send one to my captivate once I get or do not get, I'll post. But it could be at the end of the day. I'm at work.

Upvote 0
OK..just to confirm, it's not just the aria. My captivate didn't receive the pic text that he sent to me from his verizon phone either. So at least that will throw that out the window of receiving pic files on the aria/captivate..it's just some type of att/verizon issue. Hope that helps!! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones