• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Picture messaging

Fisrt check your data plan as you will be supprised how meany people don't reallise that mms and internet are band on there package, failing that go to T-Mobile and just put your number in you should then get a mesage (may take a few mins) normaly it says something about "install settings" just let it do its thing turn phone off for 10mins.
Boot phone up and see if it now works.
If the above has not fixed the problem then you have two options
1. Wait till t-mobile have released 2.1 offically (should be a couple of weeks) and use this guide to swich to the proper FW, once done just phone them and they will sort it out for you 150 is the number.
2. Follow this guide to downgrade the phone back to 1.6 and again phone support.

If I was you I would just wait and do the FW switch then phone them.

You could phone them now and see if they can help but if you tell them you have 2.1 thay will not help at all and inform you that your warranty is now void.

Upvote 0
OK so I will state the obvious which I am sure you checked... you have got Data & MMS ticked Menu>Settings>Wireless Controls>Mobile Networks.

Other than that speak to T-Mobile, I had to go through the APN settings when setting up my test X8 cos the fix me text thing that T-Mobile UK do didn't work. As KingDong says, I wouldn't mention the upgrade tho!

Upvote 0
OK so I will state the obvious which I am sure you checked... you have got Data & MMS ticked Menu>Settings>Wireless Controls>Mobile Networks.

Other than that speak to T-Mobile, I had to go through the APN settings when setting up my test X8 cos the fix me text thing that T-Mobile UK do didn't work. As KingDong says, I wouldn't mention the upgrade tho!

Lol how I missed that when I posted I dont know :)

Upvote 0
Yeap its turned on.

T-mobile send me a file over the phone once to install but it didn't install.

I called them today and it was also no help.

Do I need 3G to send picture messaging?

My 3G is turned on but not sure if I get 3G in my area.

is there a way to check? my zip code 04401 U.S.A

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones