picture msg problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. HTCIncredible

HTCIncredible Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

my phone sends picture message every pic msg i send it says " unable to send mssage. retrying....then below that it say generic network failure...but the picture still seems to send....does anyone know what this is? Do i need to take my phone to verizon wireless?

Advertisement
  2. clipperqb

clipperqb Well-Known Member

I get the same message and results (although at times the message is never received). I've tried with wireless off/on. I've changed settings for camera to 5mp. doesn't seem to matter sending to Verizon or ATT. Using Handcent. Anyway still trying to figure the error and what the ideal settings are...

3. HTCIncredible

HTCIncredible Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

it does that when i send to verizon wireless people to though....only picture messages. i use handcent. was wondering if that was up.but it worked fine on my moto droid. is this something verizon wireless needs to lookat?

4. CatsTide

CatsTide Well-Known Member

i would give verizon a call first to make sure your account is set up properly

5. mantel34

mantel34 New Member

Anyone solve this?

I have the same issue i.e. unable to send or receive a text message with a picture. I get a "generic network failure" notice. I've also tried sending pic/messages to friends on ATT as well as Vz.. still didn't work.

I spent an hour on the phone with a Vz tech. We tried several things.. pulling the battery, phone setup, account info, etc, but in the end, they had no idea how to fix it.

I figured the smart people on this forum have already figured it out.

6. rezeew

rezeew Well-Known Member

Same issue for me. Be very interested to see if anyone knows how to fix it.

7. crupp

crupp Well-Known Member

Not having that problem here able to both send and recieve MMS using Handcent from customers in and outside of the Verizon network.

8. RedHotLama

RedHotLama Well-Known Member

Been having this same problem this weekend

9. Eris Lover

Eris Lover Well-Known Member

I was having notification issue also, but my messages were sending. Email'd handcent and before they could reply with the same instructions I unchecked sent notifications in stock messaging app. They didn't say whether it was a compatibility issue or what, just that it was not a problem with handcent. PROBLEM SOLVED! For me at least.

10. Bearly

Bearly Well-Known Member

Tried that already. Still having problems.

11. silverxbv2

silverxbv2 Well-Known Member

No problems here, but not using handcent, just stock.

12. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member

Funny you brought this up. I have the same issue with Handcent. I get the message sent error, yet it still sends. The error does not happen in Messages.

If anyone finds more out on this, would love to hear.

13. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member

Double post.

14. Eris Lover

Eris Lover Well-Known Member

Sorry Bearly, what needs to be unchecked to get rid of the notifications is "failure notifications" in the stock mess app. Are your pictures really sending?

15. wkd1

wkd1 Well-Known Member

I also was experiencing the same notification problems with Handcent, even though the picture would send. Unchecked "failure notifications" and it works without issue. Thanks for the heads up.

16. RedHotLama

RedHotLama Well-Known Member

So for my wife, sometimes the picture sends sometimes not.

17. 1967ls2

1967ls2 Well-Known Member

So I have been using handcent for a while now and I always get the error message when sending pictures to any carrier but the picture always goes through. I went into the stock messaging application and turned off the "Failure Notification" setting and just sent a message and it went through without any error message FYI.

18. CaseyKees

CaseyKees Well-Known Member

I am having this same issue. But for me, it seems like I am getting return messages twice. Once in handsent and once in the stock messanger app. I can't seem to make handsent the default app. I thought this is why I was getting the error. Handsent was sending the mms...the stock messanger app was not, and that was why I was getting the error. I have not asked recipients if they are receiving my texts twice...and not one has said they were. I do know they are receiving my photos though.

19. vide infra

vide infra Well-Known Member

i had/have the exact same issue. was on the phone with Verizon and HTC for about 2 hours a week or so ago. factory reset my phone twice, did all thee *228 bullshit and they came to the conclusion that either handcent did something deep down or it was a hardware defect. I'm still waiting on my new phone.

20. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

I only have this issue using handcent, stock msg app works fine. So I just mms from stock messenger, hopefully handcent will update and fix.

21. scottie24

scottie24 Active Member

This has been addressed on many posts and both me and my wife's phones were returned for new ones. I traced the issue to the Quick settings app. It screws up your apn. 2 new phones, NO Quick settings and both work great. Hope this helps. Simply uninstalling the app didn't resolve for me.

22. The*Amazing*Phil

The*Amazing*Phil Member

Same prob here,I called vzw and htc,neither have heard of the problem so they are sending me out a new unit....

23. v8dreaming

v8dreaming Well-Known Member

That would be great for me, except I've never downloaded that app.
    I've been having these issues with handcent since the day I downloaded it.