• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help picture msg problem

I get the same message and results (although at times the message is never received). I've tried with wireless off/on. I've changed settings for camera to 5mp. doesn't seem to matter sending to Verizon or ATT. Using Handcent. Anyway still trying to figure the error and what the ideal settings are...

Upvote 0
Anyone solve this?

I have the same issue i.e. unable to send or receive a text message with a picture. I get a "generic network failure" notice. I've also tried sending pic/messages to friends on ATT as well as Vz.. still didn't work.

I spent an hour on the phone with a Vz tech. We tried several things.. pulling the battery, phone setup, account info, etc, but in the end, they had no idea how to fix it.

I figured the smart people on this forum have already figured it out.

Upvote 0
I was having notification issue also, but my messages were sending. Email'd handcent and before they could reply with the same instructions I unchecked sent notifications in stock messaging app. They didn't say whether it was a compatibility issue or what, just that it was not a problem with handcent. PROBLEM SOLVED! For me at least.

Tried that already. Still having problems.

Upvote 0
So I have been using handcent for a while now and I always get the error message when sending pictures to any carrier but the picture always goes through. I went into the stock messaging application and turned off the "Failure Notification" setting and just sent a message and it went through without any error message FYI.

Upvote 0
I am having this same issue. But for me, it seems like I am getting return messages twice. Once in handsent and once in the stock messanger app. I can't seem to make handsent the default app. I thought this is why I was getting the error. Handsent was sending the mms...the stock messanger app was not, and that was why I was getting the error. I have not asked recipients if they are receiving my texts twice...and not one has said they were. I do know they are receiving my photos though.

Upvote 0
So for my wife, sometimes the picture sends sometimes not.

i had/have the exact same issue. was on the phone with Verizon and HTC for about 2 hours a week or so ago. factory reset my phone twice, did all thee *228 bullshit and they came to the conclusion that either handcent did something deep down or it was a hardware defect. I'm still waiting on my new phone.

Upvote 0
This has been addressed on many posts and both me and my wife's phones were returned for new ones. I traced the issue to the Quick settings app. It screws up your apn. 2 new phones, NO Quick settings and both work great. Hope this helps. Simply uninstalling the app didn't resolve for me.

That would be great for me, except I've never downloaded that app.
I've been having these issues with handcent since the day I downloaded it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones