• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pixel 5a Simultaneous Bluetooth Devices

Spec_tech

Feb 2, 2021
Hi everyone. I'm looking to get some input if it's possible to connect multiple bluetooth devices to a Pixel 5a.
I want to be able to connect to both a third party bluetooth audio receiver for my car as well as a possible radar detector that I may be considering buying. Specifically the Valentine One Gen 2.

From this Pixel phone help thread i found, it doesn't sound like it's possible. But I want to be absolutely sure that something like this wouldn't be possible.

I figured that as long as it's not two audio devices i'm connecting it to that it would be fine, but i'm not sure.
Anybody have any more educated ideas?

I've never had a Pixel device, but AFAIK the Bluetooth does allow you to connect multiple devices.
Alright. I've heard that from a couple forum posts and from some other users as well, but those cases usually deal with both a smart watch and an audio device. I'm not sure how that would translate to an audio receiver and a detector that, as far as i know, doesn't take in or output audio via bluetooth.

Upvote 0
Alright. I've heard that from a couple forum posts and from some other users as well, but those cases usually deal with both a smart watch and an audio device. I'm not sure how that would translate to an audio receiver and a detector that, as far as i know, doesn't take in or output audio via bluetooth.

Yeah, that's my setup, it's a Huawei fitness band, and various BT headphones and speakers. Which both do connect and work perfectly with my Samsung Note20 Ultra phone.

I've never seen or used a Pixel phone. So I don't think I can help you much more. Somebody else on AF maybe able to assist.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones