• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pixel missing voicemail notifications

Ever since I have been on my Pixel XL with android 7.1.1. I no longer get notifications that there is a voice mail. Today in my phone call app I was shocked to see that I had 11 voice mails waiting some were 10 days old. I called Project Fi support and Jose worked well with me to try to find a solution. It apprears there is none and this is a flaw either with Pixel or with Android 7.1.1. If someone has left me a voice mail I expect to see a noticification on my screen when I pull down my screen from the top or unlock my screen. This is just like the notifications I get when I have unread emails or texts. this used to work on my Nexus 6 with android 6.0.2. It does not work with Pixel on android 7.1.1. This seems to be some kind of design flaw in android or pixel that needs a solution.

Does anyone know of a workaround or solution?
Thanks
Steve

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones