• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

play movies on tv

The usb port on your phone is not going to support streaming video to a tv. It just doesnt work like that. I believe the phone has DLNA support (i would google DLNA rather than asking about it here lol) This going to require that you have a DLNA capable tv and a wifi network for this to work tho. Some other types of phones do have an HDMI output for streaming video but it is a completely different type of port and the inspire does not have this capability at all.

Upvote 0
I know this post is old but the other night I was looking for a way to stream video wirelessly to my HDTV. What I ended up doing was downloading a program to my laptop called VLC player and the VLC app to my phone. In this way I am able to wirelessly stream video from my sd card over my network to my laptop which was connected to my tv. This really is pointless tho because I could just simply transfer the video to my laptop and play it this way but it is easier and faster just streaming it. No luck yet mirroring my phone's display tho.

Upvote 0
No luck yet mirroring my phone's display tho.

This may have answered my question ... What I was hoping to do was view my fone's (Inspire4g) Netflix feed on my TV screen ... As with others, all I seem to be able to do via usb is see my pics.

Any chance there's an app out there that would help?

I apologize upfront for being an old fart who's rather lame at this stuff.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones