• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Play Store location issues

So, i recently moved from south africa to the Netherlands

My google account and wallet details were set in south africa.

i have cleared all the cache, deleted the billing info and left it blank. but still when i go into my playstore for certain apps it tells me that i cant download them.

it also still shows all the prices in ZAR currency instead of euros.

I cant add a new payment method as my debit card doesnt have the 3 digit security code.

i really dont want to create a new account as all my contacts are synced to my current email address

thanks

It's based on the of your country credit or debit card. Even though you deleted the South African one from Wallet and your Google account, it's still assuming you're in SA. You say your current debit card doesn't have a three digit security code on the back, is it a Mastercard or Visa, or something else? With Google you do have to have Mastercard, Visa or Amex, if you wish to register payment details and change the location to Holland, all those should have a three digit security code on them.

Mine was still showing the Hong Kong Play Store even though I was in London, because I registered a new card but forgot I registered in with Hong Kong details because I was in HK for a while.

Reactions: Kaat72
Upvote 0
On the other hand if you've never registered a card with Google, Play just gives you the contents for whatever country you happen to be in. It took me a while to work out how it works. I'm now back in mainland China, where Play can be very limited, free apps only, but as I re-registered UK payment details, I'm getting the UK Play Store with everything in

Upvote 0
I really would like to change my play store location to UK (as I'm from UK, just don't currently live there), there are a few apps I would like but are "currently unavailable in your location". I have tried every method I have found through googling to change the play store location; I have changed address and credit card in google wallet to a UK one, I have used a UK VPN, a UK sim card and cleared data and cache of play store and download manager, I have bought an app using uk card, even left it on the pay screen for over 30 minutes after paying for it but nothing seems to work, I am still stuck on the crappy UAE play store.

Any ideas mikedt please?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones