Played with X today!!!!

Last Updated:

1. rezajune

rezajune Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Alright, my buddy who works at a local VZ store called me to let me know that a Motorola Rep is in the store showing off the Moto X. So I drove as quick as I could to check it out. Was a Moto Droid user and then I am using a HTC Incredible as of now.

The phone was amazing in person. I mean from the way it felt in my hand to the gorgeous screen. Forget all the negative reviews talking about the screen being washed out or not sharp enough. I zoomed in on text from CNN.com and I could not see any pixalation what so ever. The curves on letters looked super smooth.

Once again,....the screen looked amazingly sharp, bright, just what I thought it would look like.

The small 4 buttons on the bottom felt so perfect. Would not change anything about them.

Could not take a pic cuz it had problem loading the camera but the rep said they are working on a fix so no big deal.

You could seriously watch a movie on it and totally enjoy it, that is the first thing that popped in my head.

No complaints, if you have any doubt about getting it...don't....this thing will blow you mind away.

let me know if you have any questions.

Can't wait to get rid of my Dinc.

Advertisement
    dixie1, jamo, Sek0n and 4 others like this.
  2. benjiedude

benjiedude Well-Known Member

Camera not loading doesn't sound good.:(

3. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

Me too. :D That thing seems so outdated compared to this.

4. doctajay

doctajay Well-Known Member

awesome. thanks for the update!

5. damstr

damstr Well-Known Member

How was actually navigating the web? Any lag or stutters?

I was really worried about the screen being really pixelated because its the same resolution of the Droid except it has a much larger screen.

Also was the key board easy to type on because of the bigger screen?

Thanks

6. Commoncentz

Commoncentz Member

Great update!

Was the camera freezing up the phone in any way when you tried to open it?

Did he mentioned if they will have any working models in store before the release?

7. rezajune

Camera was not freezing up the phone or per say freezing up at all. The camera software was loading just fine except there was a black screen instead of viewing what you are pointing at.

He said they are working on this fix and its no big deal.

8. Doubledee90

Doubledee90 Well-Known Member

I love you for posting this...I am now even more souped to get this phone

9. droidSPARX

droidSPARX Well-Known Member

Really? really?
    u have 2-3 reviews not stating this problem. U even have what29's impression.
    AND by one phone's Camera problem. Doesn't sound good?

10. Fountainhead

Fountainhead Member

So good to hear.

Could you compare the feel/size of the X to the Evo? Evo is the perfect size IMO, i'm slightly hesitant the X might be a tad too big.

11. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

Netbooks barely have this many pixels on 10" screens. Old 15" monitors are only 800px wide. Much bigger? Just half an inch. Hardly worth worrying over for pixelation but should be nice for reading.

12. EKG

EKG Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting your thoughts!! This made me so much more excited now!!

13. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Does your new spouse know? Sorry, could not help it ;)

What is wrong with your Dinc enough to get rid of it already? I will bail if the muddy call quality is not fixed, but will stay and wait for LTE devices, later next year if they fix it.

Who knows? I may change my mind when I see the X in person too........

crimton likes this.
  14. Clittzen

Clittzen Well-Known Member

Oh how I wish I was in your shoes. Lol.

15. CEV

CEV Well-Known Member

LOL I cannot wait to get rid of my BB Storm that I've been dealing with for over a year and a half.

16. rezajune

Sorry for not responding.

I have held the Evo in my hand and it doesn't compare to the Moto X.
    The Evo felt heavy, not sexy...kinda like a brick. The X felt like brand new technology, or like a cell phone I have never held in my hands before. I don't think there is a comparison in the way it feels in my held. Moto X beats EVO by a lot because it felt slick.

BTW, I had no problem keeping the X in my pocket. Being so slim and light that I could hardly feel it in my pockets.

I hate my HTC Inc. Never had a days worth of reception, most of the time I am stuck at 1x data. What is a phone worth if it can do a million different things but can't keep a connection and no data.

17. Bnice

Bnice Guest

Someone like the Droid x,both phones are close in specs so to call one a brick and the other sexy is just an individual preference both phones are good, from what I've seen the Droid x video recording and camera seem better.

18. Quintessence

Quintessence Well-Known Member

I have had 30 hours with the Droid X and the opportunity to keep it for free.

Unfortunately my time with the device was disappointing. It was fast, but not more noticable then any other 1ghz processor device, less quick then a Froyo-N1.

The video quality is nice. That being said, the recording capability of the camera is 720p, but seems to hit a framerate issue. It doesn't compare to the quality of the iPhone 4 in terms of video. The still camera as always is nice, the 8mp gives a great deal of depth.

The feel of the phone is slim, doesn't seem to solid to me, but it seemed good enough to last most users who arn't brutal with their phone.

The battery is a solid improvement from the N1, Inc, and the EVO, and its good to see.

The signal I got was a mixed bag. In my house I would get ranges from 92-100db, similar ranges to my Incredible.

The call quality was nicer then most, but seemed just to be a bit clearer and slightly better in terms of noisy environments due to the dual mic.

My only gripe though is the buttons on the bottom. They felt glued on, and my impression is that they would be problematic in the long run, just in terms of how they were mounted. The lack of Sense UI was troubling, as that is the essence of what Android should be. The LCD is nice, but the colors were more saturated and not as "true" as the Droid Incredible.

All in all, its a good phone. Best on the market at the moment, albeit by slim margins, but we shall see how the software pans out in the opening days.

I liked the experience with it, but I felt out of place without the Sense UI, and decided to pass up on the offer to keep the device and instead kept my original Droid Incredible, unrooted with the AMOLED.

curtisdr likes this.
  19. Jahmakan

Jahmakan Well-Known Member

If the Incredible colours are "true" I want screen colours on the "false" side. I hate that about the Incredible screen; love the blacks, but hate the over-saturated colours that it displays. I actually hope the X is a little toned down.

20. AJ_EVO

AJ_EVO Well-Known Member

I prefer a crisp LCD screen over AMOLED, but that's just me.

One of the videos I saw did a pretty thorough review of the build quality. They said it is excellent. Other reviewers have made similar comments. Guess I'll know myself in 10 days.

21. doctajay

doctajay Well-Known Member

Sorry but u lost me when u said that htc sense is what android should be. I have used stock android for a while on my at&t nexus one and now my droid. A lack of htc sense is a blessing. Either way though I will get it and use my full 30 days to have an impression for myself.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

22. dixie1

dixie1 Member

Wow, I couldn

23. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

wow, you make me glad I gave mine back! :D

24. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

25. dixie1

dixie1 Member

I am too. I am rather OCD about display quality and Motorola doesn't short change the tech they put into their screens. The OP's impressions are right on.

I think you'll get a lot more form the X's display than just being better outdoors!