Please Advise: What's your music sync setup look like?General

Last Updated:

1. serpentine009

serpentine009 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have all of my music in one place location. I do not use iTunes. I actually haven't listened to music that much in recent years. I no longer use my iPod.

Anyway, my questions is this...what do "Music People" do to simulate an iTunes experience on the Incredible? Or what do you do to simply stay synched between the Inc and your computer and keep files organized?

I have Amazon MP3. When you download songs from there they go into an Amazonmp3 folder. If using Doubletwist, they go into the Music folder on SD Card.

I just wanted to know what other people are doing to have all of their music in one location and have it backed up/synched on their home computers.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. Notthedroidyourlookingfor

Notthedroidyourlookingfor Member

I run DoubleTwist on my Incredible and iTunes on my home computer. To get music to my phone I just connect it to my computer via USB and copy files directly from my iTunes music folder to my SD card. Doubletwist does the rest.

3. SirensOfTitan

SirensOfTitan Active Member

Drag + Drop. Use Foobar2000 to organize my library on my computer into a consistent structure.

4. Mskgreenel

Mskgreenel Well-Known Member

I've been using mSpot. I'm not a big 'music-nista' when it comes to my DInc, but I have 1,079 songs in the cloud. You don't get the full free 2mb I assume because of album art etc.
    I had DoubleTwist and I'm sure it's not 'hard', I just didn't really give it a chance.

5. Smartphone

Smartphone Well-Known Member

I use isyncr to sync with itunes. I them use Tunewiki to listen to music as it fast forwards and rewinds using my bluetooth headphones.

6. dustinw82

dustinw82 Member

I also use isyncr. It's fantastic.

7. PeeLoWanKenobi

PeeLoWanKenobi Well-Known Member

gosh for the life of me I can't figure out how to add movies and play them. I downloaded doubletwist and while's able to sync my music, movies are a completely different story. They just show up as grey and cannot be played by double twist. I thought it was a simple drag and drop??

8. lowkey

lowkey Active Member

I just drag + drop folders and let the stock player sort it out. As long as everything is tagged properly (and it is), everything shows up perfectly and is sorted right.

I use foobar2000 to play music on my PC and just have everything sorted there by artist folder/album folder/music files. Makes finding what I need very easy.

If something isn't tagged properly, I'll generally use MediaMonkey to auto-tag it from the web, which also tags it with album art. Since everything is tagged properly with album art, I have no issues with album art not showing up on my phone.

9. serpentine009

serpentine009 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For those using drag and drop. Does this copy all of ur music folder over what you have, or is it smartenough to know where the new files are? And only copy those? What about playlists? Thanks.