• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
So, I have (and the phone info reads) a Sony Ericsson Xperia x10a that I would really love to root.

I have no clue if its a Xperia X10 Mini or X10 Mini Pro (I've attempted to research prior to asking for help only to receive a headache, mass confusion and the multiple results for the x10, mini and mini Pro when I enter my device make and model in googles search bar)

My questions are:

1. Uhm...thats the difference?

2. Is there a easier method of rooting this device such as a .zip file to be placed to the root folder of my sd and installed from there WITHOUT using a pc/computer?

3. Of course, if so, where may I find the links posted to located appropriate files and a completely thorough list of directions to follow?

Im unable to install anything hardly at all from the play market, if it does by chance download, a lot of the time it usually says problem parsing package upon installing.

No matter what, I cant find a twitter, Facebook, kik, snapchat or instagram app period when searching for it to download and install...if I do it always force closes or the screen freezes black.

And the only way to keep the phone on ironically is by keeping it plugged to a wall or car charger despite the battery reading full, or it automatically shuts off upon attempting to open the menu, displaying a brief, yet quick flash message revealing there is no SIM card in my phone, despite there being one installed.

Please.......any insight is greatly appreciated.

Oh, I have ish debugging option available, however, do not have option to install from unknown sources.....is this normal?

Thank you in advance,
Beautiful Disaster

I can't answer all of the questions above, but I believe the difference between the X10 mini and the X10 mini Pro is the Pro version has a slide out physical keyboard. If your's has this, then it's the Pro.

The Google Play store erroring with most apps could be that it is running an old version of the store. The store should automatically update though.

The battery sounds like it is completely knackered. I think I am right in saying the reason it displays the message about no SIM card before it quickly goes off is usual behaviour for Android when it is shutting down. I remember when I used to shut down my X10 it used to show a no SIM card icon at the top. I guess it is kind of "unmounting" the SIM. I think the battery could probably do with replacing.

Plenty of ROMs and info for the X10 Mini over at Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 Mini - XDA Forum

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones