• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PLEASE HELP! Dolphin newbie can't turn on "gestures"

Dsbomb

Lurker
Dec 31, 2013
Hello everyone and Happy New Year!

I am having trouble using the "gestures" feature of Dolphin for Android (so far, I have ENABLED the feature; however, I can't USE it because I can't figure out how to turn it ON!)

Apparently, in order to turn on the gestures feature, one must "toggle the dolphin key" (the one that turns green, in the bottom corner of the screen)... so that when you touch it, the green "gestures" button appears, and you can just drag your finger from the dolphin over to the "gestures" button.

Right now when I touch the dolphin, I can see green 3 buttons ("menu", "sonar", and "tabs"), but there is no "gestures" button.

So, how do I make it so that I can see the green "gestures" button? Can we only see 3 buttons at once, so that I will have to replace one of the other 3 with the "gestures" button?

I've heard that Dolphin is such a great browser and am excited about using gestures, but I'm buffaloed this time! Thanks so much for your help! :)

Hello everyone and Happy New Year!

I am having trouble using the "gestures" feature of Dolphin for Android (so far, I have ENABLED the feature; however, I can't USE it because I can't figure out how to turn it ON!)

Apparently, in order to turn on the gestures feature, one must "toggle the dolphin key" (the one that turns green, in the bottom corner of the screen)... so that when you touch it, the green "gestures" button appears, and you can just drag your finger from the dolphin over to the "gestures" button.

Right now when I touch the dolphin, I can see green 3 buttons ("menu", "sonar", and "tabs"), but there is no "gestures" button.

So, how do I make it so that I can see the green "gestures" button? Can we only see 3 buttons at once, so that I will have to replace one of the other 3 with the "gestures" button?

I've heard that Dolphin is such a great browser and am excited about using gestures, but I'm buffaloed this time! Thanks so much for your help! :)

Click the icon that looks like a microphone then you will be taken to a new screen. On the New screen move the small switch at the bottom-middle of the screen from the right to the left with your finger.

Reactions: Dsbomb
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones