• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please help! I can't upgrade the firmware

Lulu3

Jul 24, 2012
I posted this the other day but I didn't receive any help - I thought I'd try again.

My husband and I both have the Galaxy S3. Mine is the unlocked Int'l version and his was purchased in the US and unlocked by the carrier. I use Nova Launcher Prime on mine, he doesn't.

We both received a notification that an upgrade was available, and he was able to upgrade his successfully over WiFi, but mine wouldn't work. So, I downloaded Kies and connected my phone via USB, and this is what it shows:

Current firmware version : PDA:LE9 / PHONE:LE8 / CSC:LE9 (XFE)
Latest firmware version : PDA:LJ1 / PHONE:LID / CSC:LJ2 (XFE)

It prompts me to upgrade and after it downloaded 100% I receive a message that says "Failed to upgrade, unknown error occurred".

Any ideas?? I've tried over a dozen times and no luck. I am wondering if it has to do with either the fact that I have Nova Launcher on mine, or that it is the Int'l version (maybe not compatible with Kies US?)

I am not good with anything tech so layman's terms are appreciated!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones