• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

please help... is my phone bricked?

bigmike20vt

Lurker
Jan 19, 2012
Hi

I am pannicking a little as my wifes phone may be bricked.

i have just got a sim free prada 3 to replace her orange snafrancisco. I flashed using the official ics rom (foolishly i did not check the new phone before hand).

on putting the orange sim in, I get no signal, and when i try to select a carrier i get the error your sim will not allow a connection to this network.

I phoned orange and they were unable to help. they said i needed to return the phone as faulty. Maybe it is, but i cant help but feel it is most likely software somewhere.

i have done a factory reset ad enabled 2g only which the orange guy reccomended to get working.

i have noticed there are no settings in the apn section. i do not know if this matters. any thoughts so gratefully recieved.

cheers

thanks for your thoughts.

i havent tried another sim, I have an 02 sim in my phone however its an iphone microsim and the prada 3 is a full sim.

i did go the the phones4u shop however as the phone was not purchased from there they were not remotely interested and said the phone must be bricked.

maybe it is, but, it just does not seem likely.

gonna take it in to work tomorrow, someone should have a sim there to help.

gutted though, its a really nice phone and a bargain at

Upvote 0
A shop assistant not knowing the meaning of the term "bricked" is hardly a surprise. There are good ones, but also plenty who know very little.

If the phone is able to see networks, but not register, my first thought is that it doesn't like the SIM for some reason. If the fault were intermittent then toggling airplane mode on and off might get it going, but that doesn't sound the case here. If it will connect with someone else's SIM it might be worth asking Orange for a SIM replacement - I had problems with dropping off the network at the start of the year, and when I told Orange that it only happened with my SIM in the phone and not with my wife's they just replaced my SIM.

Unfortunately our LG Prada forum here is a ghost town, so I doubt you'll get help there. :(

Upvote 0
thanks all for your thoughts (and yes appologies for deliberately posting in the wrong forum but like you said, there is no love in the prada forum)

but the good news is....................... I finally managed to get hold of a mate with an orange phone and his sim card works fine in the phone.

not sure why or how, but it seems my wifes sim is faulty - odd as it works fine in her sanfrancisco. She is phoning orange today to get a new sim posted out.

cheers

M.

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones