• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please Help with Google Maps/Street View!

Phoenix777

Android Enthusiast
Jul 5, 2016
I don't get it. My Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 came with Google Maps and Google Street View - neither app works properly. The images are always blurry and even if I wait it doesn't render clearly - and when it (rarely) does it's very slow...and when I press a direction arrow in street view it's very laggy. Is this issue in the apps (both of them??)...or my tablet?

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated as I just bought this tablet and am eager to explore with Street View all over the world. I was very disappointed that TWO apps that came pre-installed don't even work properly. Same with Google Earth - I downloaded it from the Play Store...uninstalled it in 10 minutes because of the same issues. So, I'm guessing it's to do with my tab and not the apps, but then why did they install the apps on this model if they're not gonna work properly??:maddroid:

Looks to me like an internet speed issue, what type of data plans do you have?
I don't have any data plans. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 + Nook (it's a wi-fi only device). But The wi-fi connections I've been using it on are very strong and fast, so I'm sure the wi-fi connection isn't the problem and everything else works fast and fine except those apps mentioned.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones