• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pleease HELP- Bricked gt-p5113 build prop edit FAIL!!

incarnate

Lurker
Jun 3, 2012
Not a noob but definitely feeling like a ****. Fiddled with build prop editor trying to shave off some lag and it's stuck on the splash screen and I can't even force a shut down. Keeps restarting with pow/vol dn.

I still have stock recovery, and DL mode works BUT Odin won't recognize, (driver problems. Device mgr says device cannot start, & I can't find anywhere w functioning download to replace.)

No, no NAND, but next best thing: stock deodexed .zip on SD but No TWRP or CWM installed to flash it with (though I do have the right cwm.tar for my model if I could only get Odin to recognize when it's plugged in.)

*I'm embarrassed to mention what build prop I fiddled with and how and why that did it. But if it's relevant to the solution I'll spill. *

My main questions:
A. would flashing a zip update correct the few dalvikheapsize numbers I fudged?

B. Does anybody have links to the right drivers cuz I've been running in circles for about a week on XDA trying to find WORKING LINKS on ANYTHING to do with my dinosaur tablet here and FINALLY found the proper .95gb .zip and the odin-able cwm .tar for my specific model just to be ball-kicked by stupid windows 7 temperamental drivers. And direct from Samsung I've had no luck with either. For some reason the Kies setup isn't reading my network connection. This really sucks.

C. Can anybody please help? I've been trying to solve it on my own without having to start a thread and since it's been years since I've posted directly on any of these forum sites thanks to the vast trove of solutions available for any of my devices I finally broke down after a week of searching and just could NOT find a thread ANYWHERE that had my specific mix of model, malfeasance and misfirings. Peez peez hep meh! I dunno wuddelce tuduu!!

PS my user data is NOT AN ISSUE, factory reset already done in frustration and sadness.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones