• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Plugging in 3.5MM connection for AUX in car enables MICROPHONE enabled headset????

daddypost

Lurker
Apr 8, 2010
I'm having an issue with the incredible. I've got a male to male 3.5MM connector to plug into my aux port in my stereo of my car. I can stream Pandora, slacker etc, with no problem. HOWEVER, when I initially plug it in, my notification bar shows the headset Icon. After a while however, it turns into the Microphone enabled headset icon and it pulls up the Voice dialer app. This then kill slacker/pandora or anything else I'm running. If I'm able to listen for a while without it messing with the streaming app, once someone calls, then music stops, I can talk handsfree and then it goes back to the music when the call ends. But then almost immediately, the voice dialer app is brought back up and I'm back in the same situation where everything dies. Anyone know why or how this is happening, or how to fix it? Thanks

It worked fine for the first day or two. It seems like the issue started when I received multiple phone calls in a short amount of time. I do have a case though, so I will check to see if that is the issue. Might just have to buy something better than the $5 radio shack plug I have.
Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones