plz read !Rooting issues and SPRecovery! plz read xD

Last Updated:

1. aydian

aydian New Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 7, 2010
    ok. well i just got a droid. motorola droid. and wanted to root it. but i need version 2.0.1 so i hear to do so. well i look into it. and discovered a tut and followed it. finally got one to go through when i used RSD and gave me SPRecovery (know it works by the green droid not the screen with "!"). and said it was also to downgrade to 2.0.1. but it did not. my phone still registers as 2.2 ese81. and cant root the in sprecovery. i dont know im lost. some help from a true rooting pro would be nice. i have read most tuts so far and NONE worked except the last one which like i said gave me sprecover but no downgrade. what now? lol ty for reading my rant xD

2. triplecrown

triplecrown Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    It sounds to me like you used the guide to flash sprecovery to your phone without going back to 2.0.1. Nothing is wrong with your phone, your fine. Just find any custom rom and start flashing.
  3. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

Nov 27, 2009
    there is no reason to go back to 2.1 anymore. just download this

Put it in the root of your sd card. Reboot into recovery by turning off your phone then powering it on while holding X. Then go to install then press allow installation then install deprecated.