• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Poor Picture Quality

njw163

Lurker
May 12, 2010
When taking photo's this weekend that involved zooming in i found that the picture taken was never in focus. I have enabled the image stablizer function but still whenever i zoom at all it is blurred (not sharp).

When taking a picture that didn't involve zooming the image is sharp as you would expect from the camera.

Is anyone having this trouble or is it just a dodgy phone/camera i have and should go back to my supllier and exchange it?

Hi, no camera expert here but im sure its to do with the zoom being digital zoom and not optical zoom. On my digi camera if i use optical zoom the pics stay nice and crisp but as soon as i start with the digital zoom as well the pictures quickly begin to get very pixalated. So at least your phone should be alright :) ... Digital zoom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Upvote 0
digital zoom is not great for zooming, it's basically a feature in there so you can't complain that there's no zoom for the camera.

from my experience, if you zoom in really close using digital zoom, the slightest movement when you final press on the camera button will still get you blurry images. i find the camera button a bit too small (i guess it's also because i have a case which makes it more difficult to press on).

what i would suggest is to use the "touch capture". it seems to give me the best results since there's no half press then full press on the camera button to get the desired focus. the camera also seems to take pictures quicker with "touch capture" which is always a good thing. also seems to take clearer pictures regardless of using digital zoom or not, so give it a shot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones