• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Poor SGS programming!

DroidRick

Android Enthusiast
Aug 21, 2010
Canada
You plug in your SGS to your computer's USB port. It tells you USB is connected and starts charging. You go to the home screen, swipe down and select 'mount drive(s)'.

You copy/move your files and come back to your SGS an hour later. There's a message saying 'Battery fully charged, unplug your phone'.

You unplug your phone and then realize duh!!!! You forgot to unmount the drive(s). Naughty naughty Samsung!

In what way would you fault Samsung for this?

Use a wall charger, and a wireless file transfer app.

It's not a big deal obviously, but these are supposed to be 'smartphones' right? Surely they should be able to figure out if their drives are mounted or not before throwing up that message.

I keep my phone by my computer and do 99% of charging through my USB port. I don't think a wireless file transfer would be possible with my computer setup.

Upvote 0
It's not a big deal obviously, but these are supposed to be 'smartphones' right? Surely they should be able to figure out if their drives are mounted or not before throwing up that message.

I keep my phone by my computer and do 99% of charging through my USB port. I don't think a wireless file transfer would be possible with my computer setup.

But it is not a 'smartphone' issue. Any usb drive should be dismounted before being disconnected, even if it is inside of a phone.

I plan to try some of those wifi transfer apps myself but have been just too busy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones