• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Portait Keyboard Occupies The Whole Screen... No Good.

Piercing Heavens

Mar 31, 2010
Is there a keyboard out there that only shows 1 line of user inputted text and use the rest of the space as screen space?

For example just think of the phone in portrait mode but in landscape with a smaller viewing area.

<Website or App in the Background or SMS conversation>
<User Inputted Text>
<QWERTY>
<QWERTY>
<QWERTY>
<QWERTY>

By default its like below and occupies the whole screen for nothing but the keyboard.

<User Inputted Text>
<User Inputted Text>
<User Inputted Text>
<User Inputted Text>
<QWERTY>
<QWERTY>
<QWERTY>
<QWERTY>

The Blackberry storm does this which is probably why I'm spoiled by not having this feature.

I had the Storm also... I am one of the few that actually liked the Storm LOL. But while i had wished for the same thing once or twice it was never a big deal to me... I think that it is just the way it works on Android phones... or it might be part of Sense UI, this i am not sure as the Incredible is my only experiance with Android. I will look at someones Moto Droid at work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones