• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

possible froyo release!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that we're all done flaming over whether or not to load support staff, I'll just blow the ambers with this:

God kills a kitten every time you start a new thread for an existing topic.

Plenty of speculation on dates abounded in:

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/116411-we-gotta-wait-till-just-before-christmas-some-froyo-2.html

And now, you've once again opened the door for the ever popular post - and it's going to come from someone new who got tired of wading through the other flames:

What's a Froyo and what does it fix and do I want it?

In fact - God killed three kittens over this thread - and a fourth for taking it off topic with how many notes belong in a symphony - er... how many emails to send support.

And God was going to kill a fifth one for bragging that you did that every day - but I was able to save that one.

If you just can't think of the children, won't you please think of the kittens?!? :(

PS - The answer to the Froyo question is in the other thread.

Reactions: saturnine and ARR22
Upvote 0
its their job to answer emails and help customers out. Who cares how many times he sent them a message, they prolly get a million useless messages way way more stupid than the OP's question. Pricing effected because of this....GTFO

Hi Daft,

I would like to refer you to my new favourite facebook group its called "Prolly" is not a word "Prolly" is not a word | Facebook. I know that you probably know this already but I just wanted to remind you just in case.

Regards,
YNA

Reactions: GaryColeman
Upvote 0
Hi Daft,

I would like to refer you to my new favourite facebook group its called "Prolly" is not a word "Prolly" is not a word | Facebook. I know that you probably know this already but I just wanted to remind you just in case.

Regards,
YNA

I prolly take for granite that most people know what I mean otherwise they have a tough road to ho'.

Six! Six kittens! Ah ah ah ah! Six!

count-von-count-sesame-street.jpg

Reactions: saturnine
Upvote 0
Now that we're all done flaming over whether or not to load support staff, I'll just blow the ambers with this:

God kills a kitten every time you start a new thread for an existing topic.

Plenty of speculation on dates abounded in:

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/116411-we-gotta-wait-till-just-before-christmas-some-froyo-2.html

And now, you've once again opened the door for the ever popular post - and it's going to come from someone new who got tired of wading through the other flames:

What's a Froyo and what does it fix and do I want it?

In fact - God killed three kittens over this thread - and a fourth for taking it off topic with how many notes belong in a symphony - er... how many emails to send support.

And God was going to kill a fifth one for bragging that you did that every day - but I was able to save that one.

If you just can't think of the children, won't you please think of the kittens?!? :(

PS - The answer to the Froyo question is in the other thread.

oh well, I thought I would share it since he actually included a date take it as you will my friend. And kittens why not dogs or chickens? .

Upvote 0
What's prolly mean?? ;-)

It's shorthand for prolly server and it acts as an intermediary between you and the web or ftp site you're visiting.

It's used like this:

I can't believe my eyes so prolly this thread doesn't have the future the OP intended.

Or -

Now we have more dead kittens on teh intrawebs - prolly.

Upvote 0
oh well, I thought I would share it since he actually included a date take it as you will my friend. And kittens why not dogs or chickens? .

And that question alone prolly somehow explains why a new thread was needed rather than adding this new information on to an existing one.

On the same exact topic.

I dunno - you seem to have gotten the hang of the various Reply buttons, so I'm stumped.

Guess that warning screen before posting showing you all of the active Froyo threads just wasn't meaningful.

I guess this is what you need to hear:

Thanks for starting a new thread to share this.

It made all the difference.

Prolly.

Upvote 0
And that question alone prolly somehow explains why a new thread was needed rather than adding this new information on to an existing one.

On the same exact topic.

I dunno - you seem to have gotten the hang of the various Reply buttons, so I'm stumped.

Guess that warning screen before posting showing you all of the active Froyo threads just wasn't meaningful.

I guess this is what you need to hear:

Thanks for starting a new thread to share this.

It made all the difference.

Prolly.

Thanks for the end part lol, anyways I figured a new thread was in order because a date was given. In the other threads the date was speculation, I understand whoever replied to my email could be wrong but its hope also its a sign its coming soon if not august 5th

Upvote 0
It's shorthand for prolly server and it acts as an intermediary between you and the web or ftp site you're visiting.

It's used like this:

I can't believe my eyes so prolly this thread doesn't have the future the OP intended.

Or -

Now we have more dead kittens on teh intrawebs - prolly.

"Doesn't have the future the op intended" sure it does guy my intentions were to share this information with everyone and from the look of the view counter I did just that :)

Upvote 0
I don't know Early Mon, I think this email deserves it's own thread. The mods can merge them if they so choose, but had I gotten the email I would have given it it's own thread as well since almost all of the other information is speculation based on "soon" which is far too broad. This is far more specific in giving us something to look forward to in spite of everyone who is convinced it won't come before christmas because of historical releases.

Thanks for the post.

Upvote 0
I can see why the op opened a new thread but I can also see why people have acted the way they have. A lot of us came from the Hero and the 6 month drama that was the 2.1 upgrade. Daily someone would start a new thread with "I got an email from..." or "Tech Support told me.....". So when we see this we just kind of groan and flame away... It is reflex really... After 6 months of he said she said they said. I believe the op received this email from HTC, no reason to make it up, but take the date with a major grain of salt and just enjoy your device.. Trust me the name the date game is excruciating.

Upvote 0
I don't know Early Mon, I think this email deserves it's own thread. The mods can merge them if they so choose, but had I gotten the email I would have given it it's own thread as well since almost all of the other information is speculation based on "soon" which is far too broad. This is far more specific in giving us something to look forward to in spite of everyone who is convinced it won't come before christmas because of historical releases.

OKAAAAY, FIIIIIIINE.

Still doesn't resurrect any kitties or reverse history on that - hey, don't blame me, I just report how many have suffered - poor things!

Upvote 0
I see the grammar police got me......good job guys.

In Soviet Union grammar police get everyone.

Almost everyones are members, even sister is working for them. This making for plenty of vodkas to brother in law, ok? OK!

Here is different. Here is better. Here when you someones stick up head for chopping by grammar police, everybody jumps in for distractions and rescuings. Even new to your country and beautiful langauge speakings, I too, EarlyMon EarlyMonovitch, am greatly helping in this.

So - Daft Punk, if that is really name, why then becomes my questions for putting head so far back up?

Not thinking you are needing to be sacrificing like that, here is babushka.

Cover head. Hide.

Or prolly you are caught again.

Reactions: saturnine
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones