• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Possible to force LTE connection?

dyh

Jun 3, 2010
I'm wondering if it's possible to turn off 1x data and force LTE with this phone.

I live in the hills, and I'm right at the edge of where the LTE signal drops off. When it's connected to LTE it works great, but it switches back and forth between 1x.

Is there any way to disable 1x data and force an LTE connection?

Thanks!

I'm wondering if it's possible to turn off 1x data and force LTE with this phone.

I live in the hills, and I'm right at the edge of where the LTE signal drops off. When it's connected to LTE it works great, but it switches back and forth between 1x.

Is there any way to disable 1x data and force an LTE connection?

Thanks!
there is indeed a way to turn off 1x, but MetroPCS currently does voice only on the 1x network. In other words, doing that would make you unable to call out text anyone while on 4g. It's done by forcing LTE mode in the **583385## menu.
However, be sure to reenable GLOBAL mode as soon as you're done, because otherwise you will have lots of missed calls and texts. As for a way to force 4g while still having 1x on, I'm not aware of one. But you can always try to compulsively click the TURN ON button in the LTE Functionality Test menu.
I believe there is also an app on the market called LTE on/off that can affect the radios, but as far as I can tell, ymmv with that app?
I have Metropcs with an LTE phone lg esteem, but i would like to flash an iphone?
Laser pointer

Is there a reason why you have that laser pointer link on your post there, buddy?
you can always try your question on the general MetroPCS forum, since this is a specific phone's forum (Samsung galaxy indulge) and your question is not really on topic here.
Furthermore, is there a reason why you're hijacking another thread to ask questions about flashing phones?
Please be mindful of others and stay on topic within threads.
As for your iPhone flashing, it might be possible in theory from a Verizon device, but it'll possibly be quite limited in actual usage.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones