Possible YouTube workaround...General

Last Updated:

1. jlegelis

jlegelis Member This Topic's Starter

All - sorry if this has been posted already: Like many, my YouTube app is very unreliable when running on the mobile network. However, after disabling the 'mobile network' and using my local WiFi for connectivity, I noticed YouTube was fully reliable. I've since used the networking widgets to test this scenario both ways and can confirm that (for me) the WiFi-only option is a good YouTube workaround. Give it a shot and let me know if it works for you...

Advertisement
  2. DDustiNN

DDustiNN Well-Known Member

This has been posted by multiple people actually, but I don't consider it a "work-around" at all. I am paying for 3G so I can use the internet when I'm away from my computer. If I am at home, I can just use my laptop. Most of the time I am not near a "hot spot" anyway. I just want them to fix it and make it work like it did 2 months ago :(

3. SuperStuff

SuperStuff Well-Known Member

I agree it's total BS that the last update screwed this up. Worked fine before the update. It's hard to pimp your Eris to folks when the damn youtube videos don't work.

4. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

The last couple weeks my youtube has been working perfectly.. I don't use it very often though

For awhile it won't work at all so I just stopped using it, then got the itch to give it another go and there it was working right

5. screennamie

screennamie Well-Known Member

I agree with ddustinn this is not a work around and I would also call complete BS.

And now even still angrier that I just tried it because I gave up on it like chitownjim and it still didn't work. COMPLETE TOTAL BS! that a native app worked and now it doesn't. Wish I could uninstall it.

Thanks for bringing this back up :sarcasm:

And no it doesn't work over wifi either. Youtube is dead to me for Eris. :mad:

6. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

Ohh Awesome just went to try it and it doesn't work again... Dammmmmmit

7. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

he was just trying to help, chill peeps.

8. delta71

delta71 Member

I can only use wifi at my remote house . Only able to viw 50% of utube.

9. zenman

zenman Well-Known Member

I just got my Eris yesterday and noticed youtube wasn't working. Bummer. But at least now I know it's a common problem which means hopefully they're working on a fix.

10. SuperStuff

SuperStuff Well-Known Member

Someone mentioned that when they turned off the Sense UI the youtube apps worked. Can someone confirm this?

11. foccer

foccer Member

I got my eris in late December and have only been able to use the YouTube app on 3g 1-2 times successfully. However, when I read in another thread that WiFi might work I tried It at home and it works 100% of time. I open the app on 3g and It doesn't work, close It, toggle the 3g off WiFi on and the same video works just fine.

I agree this isn't a workaround but until they fix Im happy I can at least use it at home. Would be nice if it worked In the car though.

12. eurotrash323

eurotrash323 Well-Known Member

I have Sense turned off........."Cannot play video"