• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Possible YouTube workaround...

jlegelis

Lurker
Jan 5, 2010
All - sorry if this has been posted already: Like many, my YouTube app is very unreliable when running on the mobile network. However, after disabling the 'mobile network' and using my local WiFi for connectivity, I noticed YouTube was fully reliable. I've since used the networking widgets to test this scenario both ways and can confirm that (for me) the WiFi-only option is a good YouTube workaround. Give it a shot and let me know if it works for you...

This has been posted by multiple people actually, but I don't consider it a "work-around" at all. I am paying for 3G so I can use the internet when I'm away from my computer. If I am at home, I can just use my laptop. Most of the time I am not near a "hot spot" anyway. I just want them to fix it and make it work like it did 2 months ago :(

Upvote 0
I agree with ddustinn this is not a work around and I would also call complete BS.

And now even still angrier that I just tried it because I gave up on it like chitownjim and it still didn't work. COMPLETE TOTAL BS! that a native app worked and now it doesn't. Wish I could uninstall it.

Thanks for bringing this back up :sarcasm:

And no it doesn't work over wifi either. Youtube is dead to me for Eris. :mad:

Upvote 0
I got my eris in late December and have only been able to use the YouTube app on 3g 1-2 times successfully. However, when I read in another thread that WiFi might work I tried It at home and it works 100% of time. I open the app on 3g and It doesn't work, close It, toggle the 3g off WiFi on and the same video works just fine.

I agree this isn't a workaround but until they fix Im happy I can at least use it at home. Would be nice if it worked In the car though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones