Post your most useful apps for Vibrant

Last Updated:

1. Robinelli

Robinelli Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So far I've added:

No Lock - this is awesome! It allows me to simply push the side button and the phone is on. No more swiping!

Battery Indicator- This is AWESOME. It shows me what percentage my battery is at AND allows me to control GPS, WIFI, Blutooth, and display all from this widget.

Google Voice- so I can read my voicemails

Ringdroid- to customize ringtones

History Eraser
    - Gives you the option to delete call log, contacts, browser, apps, or misc. things.

These are the *useful* apps for this particular phone that I have found so far. I will add more as I come across them. Please post your suggestions!

Advertisement
    hexdsl, Shrasmyl, carn1fex and 2 others like this.
  2. c3po25

c3po25 Member

my favorite and absolute must have is an app called the "auto ring"
    what it does is to allow you to set who's call/sms can come thru when you have your phone set on silent. this way you don't miss any important calls/messages from certain ppl

3. aci78

aci78 Well-Known Member

Nice, that is cool.

4. DKYang

DKYang Well-Known Member

AppBrain for app management. One of the key feature that I like about this is when you update your apps. Instead of going to Market or an app like aTrackDog to update each app manually. Open up AppBrain > manage apps and it'll show you a list of apps that needs to be update/installed. Tap the install button and it'll send you to the market and all you have to do is select install every time. Very handy.

5. Robinelli

Backgrounds is another great app. Since the phone doesn't come preloaded with that many to choose from, it's great!

6. Kaigow

Kaigow Member

well this certainly made it easier to find worthwhile apps. I've only had my Vibrant (and first Android phone) for two days now. The market is so full of apps just didn't know where to start. Thanks.

7. Robinelli

Imposter likes this.
  8. endyyy

endyyy Member

Thanks for the recommendations guys. I am a first time android user and was wondering if I were to purchase apps from the market, do I need to make an account? When I tried to purchase apps it just asks for a creditcard. If i don't need an account, how do I retrieve my d/led apps later on? Thanks for the help!

9. DKYang

DKYang Well-Known Member

Apps are connected to your google account. When you enter your credit card info, I think it automatically inputs the data into your google checkout account which is where it's saved.

10. Robinelli

Or you can have it charged to your tmobile acct.

11. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

Just an FYI but the battery indicator while useful is also a fairly decent battery drain...

and personally I would get ringo or ringo lite... check it here : http://www.cyrket.com/p/android/com.electricpocket.ringo/ but d/l from the market

12. jree

jree Well-Known Member

If your talkin about an app that tracks your other apps so you don't have to go to the marketplace to track and update them, you really don't need it with this phone. I dont think so atleast. The phone alerted me with a text message about what apps needed updates.

Also, to show off the beauty of this screen you should download Earth Live Wallpaper. Its pretty much useless but its a cool live wallpaper

13. DKYang

DKYang Well-Known Member

Alerting and installing updates are two different things my friend. You can manually install the updates if you want to, but I like to do it all at once. Fast and easy.

14. endyyy

endyyy Member

Does the battery indicator really drain the battery heavily? I read that it isn't suppose to..

15. Robinelli

In another thread I learned about Dolphin HD web browser. It is great. Much better than what comes on the phone. I just added it.

16. noonehereyet

Any unnecessary battery drain is bad pointless battery drain... Your better off with something a little more useful and less graphic like the spareparts app....

17. noonehereyet

Opera is good too but there are better things coming : Fennec M9 (user experience alpha) for Maemo release notes

and here for the pre alpha of fennec : http://blog.vlad1.com/2010/04/27/fennec-on-android-ground-zero/ (note this is a pre alpha open source app, use alpha and beta testing apps at your own risk)

Edit - For anyone who doesn't know Fennec is Firefox for Android made by mozzila...

Imposter and yummytyson like this.
  18. RJA

RJA Active Member

Launcher Pro - awesome in my opinion makes the phone run a lot smoother. I also think its a lot better than the stock UI.

Juice defender - helps increase battery life.

Dimmer - helps increase battery life by lower screen brightness

Battery Status Pro - Only reason I use this is so that I can see the % of my battery life.

Wifi / bluetooth / GPS on and off switch

19. dissident75

dissident75 Well-Known Member

1. Launcher Pro - Eliminates Touchwizified interface and is nice and configurable with good eye candy

2. Ringdroid - Turns mp3's into ring tones.

3. Ringo Lite - Allows me to set the above made ringtones to any contact I want without having to copy them to internal memory

4. Kaloer Clock - Nice configurable Alarm Clock.

5. Last.fm - Personalized radio stations, awesome.

6. Shazam - Music Identifier. Load app hit tag now and the app listens to the song playing and matches it and tells you what it is giving you links to both youtube or amazon to purchase it.

7. myLookout - Online contact backup, picture backup, phone finder (both in the house, or left somewhere via GPS), and a antivirus package (though its usefullnes is dubious since I havent heard of any viruses on android, it may however be good at spotting malware apps)

8. Twonky Media Server Mobile - Better for me than allshare. Allows me to view my videos, photos, and listen to music on any DLNA compliant device like the Xbox 360, PS3, or WDTV Live.

9. ShopSavvy - Great for scanning barcodes of items in a store and finding the best price for it either locally or online.

10. Wapedia - A fast streamlined interface to wikipedia. Sure you can just look at it in the browser but this does a nice job of getting the information without all the sill formatting and scrolling around.

11. Google Earth - Just because its cool to have it on a phone.

20. jree

jree Well-Known Member

I see what your talking about now.

21. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

That depends on the type of T-mobile account you have, and sometimes on the type of app, and where you are purchasing it from.

22. Robinelli

Oic.

23. jkcheng122

jkcheng122 Well-Known Member

Apps I use to kill time when bored:
    1. Solitaire: needs no explanation.
    2. DailyStrip: many different daily comic strips on one single app, also has backlogs.
    3. BuzzBox: news app with widgets and very customizable.

24. Robinelli

To kill time I play Nintendo games. I have ROM buddy and Nesoid Lite. <3 it!

25. perpetual

perpetual Well-Known Member

For wallpapers the best app is flikie wallpaper hd. It has a petty nice interface.