Post your Quadrant Screenshot Score!General

Last Updated: 2013-08-04 22:09:41
  1. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Exactly, its just not accurate. Benchmarks mean nothing, but if you're going to use them use a consistent one :p

Advertisement
    EarlyMon likes this.
  2. Ballymoss

Ballymoss Well-Known Member

3. gabquintero09

gabquintero09 Well-Known Member

Trying to understand this correctly, what determines the CPU scores and the rest of the statistics?

I just took the test on my Galaxy S3 and the scores where not so good..

[​IMG]

What determines this factors and how to improve them?
  4. zemerick

zemerick Well-Known Member

Looks like you are very low across the board. Check and see if you have other stuff running. It says at the bottom what the different factors are: Cpu, Memory, I/O, 2D and 3D.
  5. gabquintero09

Thats what ive been seing. Im confused, i keep my phone very clean of apps just keeping what i use and still the phone seems to lag at times. While i see some guys eith their phone fulll of apps.. what am i missing?
  6. Chicago281

Chicago281 Well-Known Member

I also was worried at first when my Quadrant scores were not as high as others with the same US T-Mobile version. I then went through Application Manager and Closed/Disabled all the bloatware such as T-Mobile TV, Bonus Apps, Name ID, etc..

Also programs that are open in the background can be closed by double pressing the home button, going to task manager, and clearing memory. Don't forget to be sure that POWER SAVING MODE is turned OFF.

Last but not least I've noticed temp plays a big role when benchmarking this phone. If the device was recently used under heavy load it won't score as high. Let it sit for maybe 10 minutes then run your benchmark see if it improves.

I'll run a Quadrant now. My phone has all background apps closed and I have not used it in the past 10 minutes. Here's the results.

[​IMG]
  7. gabquintero09

Thanks for the tip.

I went ahead and downloaded AnTuTu, and this is what I got..

*EDITED*
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And speed score

[​IMG]
  8. Chicago281

I noticed your clock speed in the AnTuTu test was registering 1026Mhz. If you bring down the status bar on top are you positive that "Power Saving" is OFF? Also have you gone into Application Manager and removed/disabled all the bloatware?

AnTuTu score should be 6500+
  9. gabquintero09

I closed a bunch of programs, useful or not to run the tests... :/ including yeah I had forgotten about power saver..

edited above
  10. Chicago281

Looking much better now.
  11. gabquintero09

Is there a place that lists all the junk apps that we can uninstall to better performance on the phone?
  12. Rxpert83

If your using the task manager to close out of everything that's not exactly a real world result.

Android handles its memory fine, you shouldn't really be using task killers at all
  13. gabquintero09

I would of figured.. but it made a difference...
  14. Chicago281

What do you mean by "real world result"? How else would you kill applications that are still running in the background?
  15. Rxpert83

EarlyMon likes this.
  16. gabquintero09

So how do i increase my phones performance to match those of the people who dont have it rooted. But are clocking in twice my numbers on performance? Im just trying to undertand
  17. Rxpert83

You have to understand benchmarks don't mean anything. They don't measure the "real world" performance of the phone. They can also easily be faked to increase what your phone is scoring.

To add to the above, Quadrant is notorious for being inconsistent. That's why I suggested if you guys were going to do some sort of benchmark to switch to a different one.

Chainfire is one of the most respected android devs there are. I'd suggest using his CF-Benchmark
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.cfbench
  18. gabquintero09

Still very low compared...

[​IMG]

I understand what you're saying that it really doesn't completely foretell real life performance, but I think in a way it does.. PC benchmark is important, and read outs do make a difference.

I'm just trying to figure out what I can do to free up/better performance on the phone.
  19. Rxpert83

Custom roms and kernels are about the only thing that going to help

If you don't notice laggyness or other problems your score doesn't matter. It's for bragging and that's it.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  20. Sword Fish

Sword Fish Well-Known Member

uploadfromtaptalk1341887955737.jpg

Mine has been consistent since the firmware upgrade.
  21. Hyoli

Hyoli New Member

My s3 Score without root or anything.

[​IMG]
  22. Cheng8

Cheng8 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Overclocked to 1704

Sent from my Samsung S3 GT-I9300 using Forum Runner
  23. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Usually, you can get best synthetic benchmark performance by simply doing a factory data reset (reset Google Wallet first if you have it, inside the Wallet app), thereby erasing all of your apps and data, and as soon as the phone boots, start running the benchmark repeatedly until the score starts to go up.

Android = Linux + Dalvik Virtual Machine + apps that run inside the Dalvik and call Linux services.

Synthetic benchmarks are typically just showing how quickly some (not all by any means) software functions can access Linux services.

They are good for "order of magnitude" readings only, not exactly "numbers side by side" - and they have to be interpreted with respect to the software functions and services being called. One - few benchmark authors get specific about that, two - your favorite apps might not even being using those functions in particular, or using them very much.

Hence - "order of magnitude."

My One X variant tends to score over 5k pretty consistently on Quadrant. But there's no way I'd tell someone that it's twice as fast and smooth as a Galaxy Nexus. It scores a little above a Nexus on AnTuTu and that seems about right - but that's probably just as coincidental as anything given that we all run different things on our phones.

Anyway, erasing everything so the synthetic benchmark can hog resources will raise scores - but it won't matter to real world use.

If your phone is running really laggy, regardless of the benchmarks, then, if it were me, I'd focus on that - looking to see if I restored a huge SMS backup (now that can lag just about anything) for example.

Anyway, cheers gang, nice benchmarks, enjoy your SGS3!! :)
  24. hisup123

hisup123 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]http://db.tt/3yc9CyQ8
    Hey can you guys tell me which service do you'll use to upload your screen shots and how do you'll embed it?
  25. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

I use Flickr myself.

At the top of the posting tool is a thing that looks like a postcard - yellow, mountains, sun - click that and enter the link of anything ending with jpg, gif, png - that sort of thing, no .html links.

Also, you can use the Advanced button and get a better posting tool. At the top will be a paper clip - follow that to embed pictures from your PC without going through a service. You may have to shrink the image or reduce it's size to around 60 kB for that to work.

PS - Dropbox won't work because it's an https link, we only recognize http links.