• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Potential buyer here - few questions

1. Yes. As for when it'll get Froyo, no idea, but if the Desire is getting it soon I expect the Legend and Wildfire will follow soon after.

2. Yes. A quick Google search would have told you that. Not sure if anyone's running Froyo, quite possibly.

3. Sense is more than good enough that I feel no need to test out any alternatives. I imagine that it would nonetheless be better on the Wildfire than it would be on a Sony X10.

Upvote 0
The Wildfire can be rooted. Just google for it. On the other hand - I would wait for the official release, and I'm not going to root it now and may be never. The Sense layout is rather nice in my opinion, but you have the Desire, so you should now.

I've seen the X10 Mini Pro, and it doesn't compare at all to the Wildfire. It's a different kind of device. The Desire and Wildfire are similar in many respects. The big difference for your dad (and I suppose he's not a power user) is screen quality. Speed will not be a big issue. Size and price may be.

I've tried the X10 in the shop, and the screen has the same resolution, but the screen is much smaller. With the hardware keyboard it's much more a texting device in my opinion. But I may be wrong. The WF is basic with a 320x240 screen, but it's good enough for me, considering the price.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones