• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Power button broken

ramona98

Lurker
Jul 25, 2014
Hello,

Few weeks ago my Android phone fell down, everything work good except the power button, i was running few days connecting it to the power to wake it up till the battery ended. I sent the phone to the guarantee but they sent me back without repaired :_( with some message like this:
" Faulty motherboard in the form of torn half solder." (is translated from polish by google)
I dont get exactly what is the problem,but even few local phone-service cant repair it :__(
I have access to the factory mode, but dont know exactly what to do there, just can move with the lower volume button.

Can I somehow swift the phone on or even root it and install modificate android??

Thanks and Regards!
:___(

Not much, I'm afraid. It sounds like something has broken off the motherboard and it's a bit too delicate for anyone to want to try repairing (generally motherboard faults require a new motherboard. You might have thought that the power button connector might have been simple enough that someone would try, but without seeing it I can't judge).

I don't know what you mean by the "factory mode" (bootloader?), but the implication of your post is that you can't boot it into Android. You could try setting up fastboot on a computer (see here for information), connecting via USB and using the command "fastboot reboot". But my guess is that if it's booting but not entering Android at the moment it will be no different if you do that.

As for rooting, if it won't boot into android now it won't do so when rooted either. Rooting gives you extra options when the phone is running Android, but if you can't boot it into Android now you wouldn't be able to if it was rooted either.

Sorry, but if I've understood your situation correctly I don't have an answer apart from a hardware repair or a new phone :(

Reactions: ramona98
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones