• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Power Button issue after root

DarthJakX

Lurker
Nov 8, 2010
Hey everyone.

I have just finish rooting my GT-I9505 and made sure that i followed this thread for this particular model.

Since i have rooted the phone my power button will no longer work for locking the screen. I can switch the phone off and restart, but a soft tap will no longer lock the screen and my screen timeout no longer works.

Has anyone else had this kind of issue? What can I do to fix this?

Your best bet for root related questions is to ask them in the appropriate root forum. These are listed at the bottom of this forum. I'm guessing, based on your provider, that this might be the right place: (International) Galaxy S4 - All Things Root - Android Forums
Wish I could help more. Hopefully someone else there has had the same issue and found a solution.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones